Monday, June 20, 2011

Simplicity of Salt and Pepper

I wish,
My grandfather's old album,
My grandmother's glorious youth,
My crisp white school shirt,
The paradisaical white dove of peace,
would get some character,
That it would get some colour.
I wonder,
If I shook the salt and pepper shakers,
hard enough,they would turn blue.
If I stared at the sky long enough,
it would turn orange.
If I danced with inimitable joy,
my movements would get fluorescent special effects.
If I cried with enough passion,
my tears would colour my life.
If I smiled with enough splendour,
it would reflect the rainbow.

I chose the colour blue for my blog because I think it represents the sea.It's limitlessness and the colour that it possesses within it's surface.

4 comments:

Someone is Special said...

'You are a special poetic talent and the pic you chose was aww.." good luck and will my life be colourful

Someone is Special

Realms of fantasy... said...

Really nice 1...

Realms of fantasy... said...

really nice poem...

Aakriti said...

Hey Aishwarya...nice one..liked it.I like blue too...for its depth and different gorgeous hues;)hi5 on that!!
there's a longing in this poem of urs..a desire to creep out of that sadness, that gloominess which I can sense..i wonder in which state u were in when u wrote this one..
keep writing....
"writing makes us perfect..and come closer to ourselves"
~ Aakriti