Friday, June 11, 2010

What Remained Old in a New School

I just got the results of my class 10th board exams.Even before I got promoted to 10th I knew that Arts was the stream I wanted to opt for in 11th std.For that,I needed to change schools.So I went to Sardar Patel Vidyalaya.I was mentally in SPV but physically in VVDAV.I had been studying in VVDAV since kindergarten.But I still thought transferring to another school will not be a big deal since I was a big girl now.But alas...my heart was where my future was not.I started missing all my friends immensely.Friends who knew what I was,who I was.Friends,who never judged me,but just accepted me for who I was and still am.Friends,who would tell me on my face that I was boring them and that I should change the topic before they slap me.Friends,who would text me at one'o clock in the morning asking me 'what's up?'.Friends,who blended so well in my life that they became a part of me.They were the ones responsible for coiling those strands of complacency around me so much that I started hoping for them to come and give me a high five even when I knew that I would never ever get to see them again.Even if I wanted to.So that is the reason why I became so uncomfortable in my new school which had better teachers,better infrastructure and a better reputation.I became uncomfortable and immensely quiet.It reminded me of the lull before a storm.I am still looking for that satisfaction,that happiness,that joy,that comfort and that sense of belongingness in Sardar Patel Vidyalaya.

1 comment:

Jaai Vipra said...

I can relate to that.