Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Tongue

My world went awry for a while,
When I realised what I had just done,
or rather,
what 'it' had just done.
My mind blacked out for those few crucial moments,
When 'it' had all the control,
and I was left dangling like a puppet.
It went meandering out of the cave,
to establish a world of contradiction,
then ,stepping aside,
rather than defending me against the repercussions.
I caught the drift of my folly,
when I knew that it did not have a mind of its own,
but was a part of me,
a deep,involuntary aspect,
like an alter ego perhaps,
which resurfaced time and again,
to spice things up,
to see the look on my face,
in a grave crisis,
a crisis of the mind,body and soul.
A crisis of the being.
The crisis of being weak.
The realization that I was helpless,
and pitted against the world because of 'it'.

No comments: